WORKSHOPS FOR PURPOSE DRIVEN PROFESSIONALS
ACTIVATE YOUR MIND TO CREATE CHANGE. LIKE A MINI BRAIN SPA. SHORT. IMMERSIVE. MIND-BLOWING. SMALL GROUPS. REAL WORLD PROBLEM-SOLVING. CEREBRAL STIMULATION. RICH GLOBAL NETWORKS.
Our workshops are designed for purpose-driven professionals across disciplines. Over the course of the workshop days, you will learn to apply the Disruptive Design Method of mining, landscaping and building for positive social change.
Arrive in the morning with a project or problem that you want to work through (or have one provided by us). walk away in the evening with deeper insights and practical strategies for actively intervening.
These intensive workshops are designed for the hyper busy professional. You will prepare by completing a short online preparation course, and then after the workshop you will have access to a series of short online classes covering the major themes of the workshop.
You will be able to go back for a brain reboot whenever it's needed. Your blended learning experience will help make the complex topics and processes we teach more accessible and easier to retain.
"Dr. Leyla Acaroglu's Disruptive Design Workshop is brain-bending, fun, and high-velocity, going far beyond typical design thinking. It's exactly what is needed right now for solving complex environmental and social challenges (and they are all complex.) Leyla delivered a serious arsenal of tools and methods for creating the kinds of purpose-driven, disruptive products and experiences we all need to bring to life."
- Jeff Corkran, Dallas, TX, USA (NYC Workshop Alumni)
THE UNSCHOOL IS COLLABORATING WITH KAOSPILOT IN DENMARK!
APRIL 26th, 27th, 28th, 2018
We designed a 3-day brain-activating workshop to transfer the skills for creative systems change towards a Post-Disposable world in the beautiful city of Aarhus, Denmark.
Join a small group of social change makers, educators and leaders rapidly up-skilled their thinking and doing tools.
Become part of our community of like-minded alumni who are some of the most influential, dedicated, creative and active emerging leaders in the world.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
- You love the world and the people in it and stridently want to learn how to make it better
- You're already active in your work and looking to gain a deeper knowledge, understanding and tools
- You want to meet a group of people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- You want to have your brain challenged on a daily basis for rapid growth
APPLY NOW, SPACE IS LIMITED!
- Learn to love the problem
- Cut through the frothy stuff
- Map connections
- Think in systems
- Activate your agency
- Problem solving with your professional practice
- Systems Thinking
- Gamification & Game Theory
- Ideating Training
- Sustainability Sciences
- Research Strategies
- Problem Loving
- Cognitive Sciences
Workshops focus on actively applying the Disruptive Design Method of mining, landscaping and building for activated social change.
This three-part method is the applied version of our Disruptive Design Methodology, a holistic approach to complex creative problem solving. It combines sociological inquiry methods with systems and design thinking approaches to create a method of developing systems interventions that enact social and sustainable change.
Using applied systems thinking, action research and the ideation process, participants will uncover new ways of thinking through the complexity of the issues at hand, and develop disruptive approaches to evolving system failures and externalities.
These workshops and the DD method is relevant for any industry and professional background. Our growing community of 100+ people comes from 28 countries. The only requirement is that you have a burning passion and desire to actively participate in leading positive change!
What's on the menu?
- An immersive experience packed with activities and tools you can use immediately
- Each day is a full 10am-6pm, so put all your emails on hold!
- Group work and one on one peer mentorship
- Face to face learning
- Online pre and post workshop courses designed to accelerate your learning speed and retention
- After the workshop, you become part of our growing alumni group of activated change agents from 20 countries around the world. This gives you access to our mentors, and alumni only opportunities such as hosting programs, apprenticeships and many other exciting leadership opportunities
As part of our effort to make our programs equitable, we offer a limited number of scholarships. Once our selection is made, we will send out offers, which are awarded based on demonstrated need.
Since we started our immersive programs in 2015, we have given +40 recipients over $70K of scholarships to our programs. Fill in the appropriate spot on the application to register your interest.
Places are limited to maintain the small group experience - so apply early!
Applications are only open until all places are full, and then will be closed until another workshop pops up in another location around the world.