Alumni are invited to register for the upcoming Educator Training Program. We are excited to offer this program to level-up our alum with further professional development and to open up more opportunities to teach UnSchool programs.
What is it? The program is a 5-week course that will provide training on the UnSchool pedagogical approach.
The program will cover:
- Review of the Core Knowledge behind the Disruptive Design Method
- The UnSchool pedagogical framework
- Understanding and working with humans
- Methods for motivating and captivating
- Designing Learning Journeys that Make Change | Facilitating the DD method workshop sessions
Where will the training take place? Online.
When is the training? It will open the week of April 10th and end the week of May 8th. Participants should expect to spend 6 hours/week on readings, videos, group discussions, pitches, peer review and design challenges and pitches.
Who can take the training? Any alum of one our face-to-face workshops, masterclasses or fellowships can take the training course. We will only accept 12 people per training class.
What are the objectives of the program?
- Tacit deep knowledge of, and synthesis abilities for, key knowledge areas (systems, sustainability & design) and how this applies to making positive change
- Application of knowledge to different educational landscapes
- Ability to design learning experiences to quickly transfer complex ideas in provocative, fun, challenging and sticky ways.
- Excellent facilitation skills that meet UnSchool experiential education standards for highly engaging content
Does completing the Educator Training Program mean I am a Certified Educator? After the training, alumni are eligible to apply for certification, which involves providing evidences of applying the knowledge and training gained in the program. The certification fee is included in the program cost.
What does it mean to be a Certified Educator? Certification makes you eligible to be hired to run UnSchool workshops around the world. As well you can propose to run UnSchool workshops in your communities. You will be provided with an online learning environment to support your workshop and other tools and resources.
What is the cost? The Educator Training Program + Certification fee = $500 USD.
How do I sign up? Right here >> Registration deadline is March 21st. We are capping the cohort at 12 students so sign up quick!