You're invited to register for an Educator Training Program, exclusively for alumni! This is an opportunity to level-up with further professional development and unlock more opportunities to work with us, facilitating UnSchool's educational programs.
What is it?
The program is a 5-week blended course on the UnSchool's pedagogical approach.
What does the program cover?
- Review of the Core Knowledge behind the Disruptive Design Method
- The UnSchool pedagogical framework
- Understanding and working with humans
- Methods for motivating and captivating
- Designing Learning Journeys that Make Change | Facilitating the DD method workshop sessions
Where will the training take place?
We are working on a blended training program where you will complete knowledge sessions online and then meet up face to face for the application sessions.
When and how long is the training?
This is a 5-week training with dates TBD.
Who can take the training?
Any alumni from our face-to-face workshops, masterclasses or fellowships can apply to participate in the training course. We will only accept 12 people for this training program.
What are the objectives of the program?
- Tacit deep knowledge of, and synthesis abilities for, key knowledge areas (systems, sustainability & design) and how this applies to making positive change
- Application of knowledge to different educational landscapes
- Ability to design learning experiences to quickly transfer complex ideas in provocative, fun, challenging and sticky ways.
- Develop excellent facilitation skills that meet the UnSchool's experiential education standards for highly engaging content
Does completion of the Educators Training Program make me a Certified Educator?
Completing the training alone does not make you a Certified Educator, but it does make you eligible to become one. At the end of the training, participants can apply for certification, which involves providing evidence of applying the knowledge and skills gained through the training program. The certification application fee is included in the training program cost.
What does it mean to be a Certified Educator?
Certification makes you eligible to be contracted to run UnSchool workshops around the world. In addition, once certified as an UnSchool DD Method Educator, you can propose to run UnSchool workshops in your communities and you can use up to 20% of our content in your own work.
What is the cost?
The Educator Training Program + Certification fee = $500 USD. For the moment we don't have any scholarships to offer, but in the future we hope to get some sponsors in place to help. If you are interested but need support covering costs, we strongly encourage you to crowdfund.
How do I sign up?
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Educators Training APPLICATION